(formerly Family Planning)
Please note that the sexual health services telephone line contact has been extended, details below.
The opening hours of the Sexual Health Services appointment line, have been extended. To make an appointment at a local clinic, the service can now be contacted on 0300 303 0251, Monday to Thursday from 8am to 5:45pm and Friday 8am to 4pm. This information is available on the Lanarkshire Sexual Health website www.lanarkshiresexualhealth.org and this extension should make booking easier and more accessible, for more people.
Some appointments can also be booked online, for more information, please visit https://www.lanarkshiresexualhealth.org/online-booking/
Sexual Health Clinics are provided throughout Lanarkshire. Sessions are provided at various times during the week including evenings. Clinics are staffed by specially trained nurses and doctors.
To check out the most up-to-date service times and days, see the ‘Services’ section online at: www.lanarkshiresexualhealth.org
Services provided at the clinics may include:
- Contraceptive advice and provision including emergency contraception and Long Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC)
- Cervical cytology (smear testing)
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) screening
- Help in explaining positive results to partner
- Counselling, testing and support around blood borne viruses including HIV and hepatitis
- Vaccination programme
- Pregnancy testing/counselling
- Termination of pregnancy referral
- Free condoms
- Safer sex information and advice
- Psychosexual counselling
Some services listed above may not be available in the site you visit but you will be sign posted to the appropriate service at that point.
To make an appointment call: 0300 303 0251 (9am–4.45pm Monday to Friday), you will be asked some questions and be signposted to one of our clinics. Our staff work across all clinics/areas
WALK IN CLINICS - No appointment required. Registration within first hour only. Numbers may be limited due to capacity.